Sense Sensitivity

BY PAMELA JO BOWMAN, MESA, ARIZONA – Having the “boys” home presents some unique and unexpected situations. I woke up this morning with my usual winter headache. I attributed it to carbon monoxide poisoning. Not enough fresh, clean air! The heater is on too much. My throat is dry. I get up and, after a few hours, it clears up.

Today, though, I found some extra male bodies in my basement. Apparently we had a sleep over. Wow, that room needed to be Febreezed! I told them to clean up the mess as I left for editing, but when I came home at the end of the day, their pancake mess still lies in my sink and their body odor still lingers in the air.

This afternoon, I am being invaded by a different set of humans — the dweebs. They have the karaoke machine in full use. I think this will be a “late night.” Oh boy. At least the sweet aroma of perfume, hair spray and bubble gum will replace the boy smell. At least I hope the smell will dissipate.

I am not sure which is better, the smell of young men or the constant hum of girl chatter.

Good thing it is date night!

Posted in Family.

One Comment

Comments are closed.